A few great tips:
- comfortable shoes as you do lots of walking!
- address labels as you fill out lots of information cards (maybe even a large one with your wedding date/time/location
- your camera and/or notebook as you take lots of notes
- your check book if you want to secure vendors at the show
What can you expect?
- Some vendors will be accepting deposits at the show, others may wait until you have a longer face to face meeting with them to make sure the relationship will work for both parties. Others may wait and contact you next week to set up a meeting.
- A future meeting for any vendor you do secure. I will not have time to plan your wedding music on the spot, so I will look forward to a meeting when we can sit down together and you can hear many samples of music. This way, the music enhances the decisions you have already made, such as flowers, dress, and even menu.
- Show specials! It's true, vendors offer show specials. Some are for that day, some ask you to mention the bridal show and even some have a specific date before their specials expire. It never hurts to ask.
- A lot of information coming to you quickly. Some vendors are trying to talk to more than one person at a time...with me for example, I want to be playing so you can hear me, but I know I need to speak with you to share my pricing and answer your questions, so I try to play something and talk at the same which is not always successful. I may try to talk with you and play something that another person has requsted. Please be patient and know that all vendors want to talk with you. We are excited for you and interested in your wedding plans...if you think it is too busy at that time, please come back by.
- Information cards. Sometimes you don't want to talk to a vendor at all. You don't need the "sales pitch." You want us to email you the information next week. I am happy to do that! My table will have several clipboards ready to go for brides to complete for contact next week.
- I have my calendar so I will be prepared to share my availability with you...and if I am booked I also have a list of my favorite harpists to share! With me, I care that you find a harpist, not just that you find me!
Mostly, I want you to have fun and get some of the planning finished. Weddings can be so stressful but Marta with HandTied Memories has really made this event special and I'm so happy to be a part of it. See you all on Sunday!
PS. Thanks to all of you that have looked me up on Facebook. I am going to honor my promise and get videos and sound files up there very soon!