What song would you like performed in 2013?

Monday, June 29, 2009

What's been going on....

I can't believe I haven't posted in about 3 months. Yikes. Fortunately, my brides are keeping in great contact so I don't feel like I am neglecting anyone.

I wanted to talk about contemporary music requests. This has been a hot topic lately as I have received some odd requests. My standard answer is "I'll try anything once." I don't know how something will sound on the harp until I try it. It might be a disaster. Pop music is often full of orchestrations and synthesized sound that I can not duplicate, not to mention having a vocalist perform a melody on top of the instrumental tracks. However, there are some arrangements that work for solo instrument. I am happy to help you look for the right arrangement for harp (which is often for piano). Then I'll try it. If I get it close, I will ask you, the client, to judge for yourself if it has the sound for which you are looking. I might know right away if it won't work. Some things can just not be performed successfully on the harp but of course that is subjective and ultimately, it is your event.

In order to work on this new music, I would like to have it as soon as possible. It is always preferable for you to secure a legal copy for me to be sure you have the song you want. There are many songs with similar titles. This ensures I am working on the right music. I am happy to give the music back to you when I am finished. I would love 60 days to work on music, but am almost as happy with 30 days.

Lately I am working on Nickelback, Eagles and and some movie music from our great new summer features. I am willing to try and it is always in my best interest to improve my playlist so don't hesitate to ask. You never know.


Beyond that, please don't forget to respond to my email and phone questions. As the summer wedding season gets busier, I will be asking for more information from you to ensure the success of your event. Also, you can't bother me enough so please don't hesitate to contact me with your questions.

I am currently booking for 2010 and am honored to be nominated as a WRTV A List Business under wedding music. I would appreicate your support with a vote! http://wrtv.cityvoter.com/contests/best-of-theindychannel-com-a-list/4737/weddings/music

you have to enter your email address but there is a space to check so you do not receive any additional email or spam!

Many thanks!
Elizabeth

No comments: